Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weight Problems

 Just the other day i was asked if I would ever date a person who was extremely overweight and I said, well it depends but probably not.

 Then they asked if i would date someone who was extremely underweight and i said, well it depends but probably not.

 I was called shallow for this, but I asked them in response "well why should I?" and they gave me a large lecture on how i should love people for who they are and not for what they look like and i said well yes, that's why I said it depends.

If the person that i had the option of dating was overweight or underweight because they had an illness or disability of some sort making it impossible for them to be a healthy weight then yes. Say if the person had a very high metabolism and was extremely skinny, well that would be an exception as would if they had a practically non existing metabolism that made it hard for them to loose weight even with diet and exercise.

However, if a person had every ability to be a healthy weight, and they decided not to eat to be skinny or decided to eat constantly and not exercise and was overweight then no, I admit I would not date them. I believe that you can live very happily and eat as much as you'd like because maybe you like to treat yourself, but you have to take the responsibility of exercising to burn off what you eat. If you dont eat enough to be skinny and you're underweight, or you eat too much and dont exercise and become overweight then it is your own fault for making yourself unhealthy.

If you deliberately make yourself unhealthy, and dont take care of yourself and your body, then you need to learn to love yourself a little more.

I would not date a person who doesn't love their self, because they need to love their self before they can love me in return.

People who make themselves unhealthy, are unattractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment